Sunday, July 11, 2010

Relaxing in Rimini

Finally!

We got a couple days off from rehearsal, so we decided to take a day and check out the beach that everyone was talking about. We took the bus from Novafeltria to Rimini [ree-MEE-nee] which took about an hour. We then (after asking a few questions) found our way to the beach which was about a 15 minute walk. We got a couple chairs and an umbrella close to the water, and sat back and relaxed! We jumped in the water for a little while, then dozed on the beach again. Very relaxing, very nice. Leah needed the break to get away from the opera rehearsals and recharge her batteries. This was the first day that has felt like a "real" honeymoon--no rehearsals, no work, just a day at the beach!


On our way back to catch the bus, we came across this sporty little grocery-getter:
(if you want any details about this Ferrari, ask Pastor Nick Oliver.)


We will be video "Skype-ing" with Fellowship Baptist Church this morning (evening for us), and sharing more with them about how things are going for us, and what it's like in Italy. You are welcome to join them if you like 10:30 am, 1503 SE 6th St., in Des Moines. 515-244-6767

Tomorrow I will be leaving Leah :-( to go meet with the Whitmans - missionaries in Perugia [peh-RU-jah]. I planning on being there until Thursday, helping them with a building/remodeling project they have been working on. I will take a bus back to Rimini, then take a train to Perugia. It will take me about 4-5 hours just to get there. I have spoken with them, but so they know I'm coming, but they didn't tell me exactly what I would be doing. So...guess it'll be a surprise for all of us!

Well, that's pretty much all for now!

God bless,
Dave and Leah

1 comment: