
"A Day in the Life of D&L"
It is amazing how time gets away from you when you are having fun! I just realized it has been several days since I updated the blog, and I meant to do that more often.
A couple days ago, we realized we hadn't actually had any "real" Italian food, so we sought out a restaurant that looked pretty Italian. We were right! It was a bit tricky to order, language barrier and all, so we weren't sure exactly what we were getting, but it turned out really well, and I got a "real" pizza, and Leah got some "real" spaghetti. We were really stuffed by the time we were done, and I ended up eating the rest of the spaghetti, and took the rest of the pizza home. Very delicious!
Here's what our schedule has turned out to be like:
(NOTE: not a single day has been identical to another yet, so this is highly generalized.)
8:30 am - Dave goes to Italian class, Leah prepares for rehearsal and lessons.
12:30 pm - Dave is done with class, and by this time Leah is usually already in a rehearsal, coaching, or lesson, which lasts until the evening rehearsal.
2:00 pm - Dave works on cleaning the apartment, Leah goes to rehearsal.
5:oo pm - Short break in rehearsal for Leah, Dave comes to the Teatro (Theater) to watch the rest of rehearsal.
8-10 pm - Rehearsal finally finishes, we go home.

So far, it has been intense for Leah, but she really appreciates and enjoys the instruction she has been receiving.
One bit of variety in the schedule was a concert last night. About once a week or so, a concert is performed in the area featuring the students and sometimes the faculty. Last night Leah was the concluding performer and did an outstanding job! I still don't know what town we went to, but it was midnight before we got back, so we were very tired this morning. We are looking forward to the weekend which will be a bit of a break from the intense schedule of practicing, rehearsals, and lessons, and will include a trip to Venice!
I'll try and give some shorter, but more frequent updates from now on.
God bless!
Dave and Leah
.jpg)
Yea for you both!
ReplyDelete